In Person Services Resuming July 19th
Our leadership team has been busy working with County Officials and our own Health and Safety Team planning and preparing to resume worship services at both campuses in the safest way possible. Following the 12th’s Tailgate Worship, we will begin “normal” services on Sunday, July 19th!
OPTION #1 – Heartland’s Online Church
For those who don’t quite feel comfortable meeting in person yet or for those in more vulnerable populations, we invite you to continue worshipping with us online (https://heartlandcommunity.org/church-online/). If you’re comfortable with it, consider inviting a few friends to join you and host a “Heartland Watch Party” in your home. Both of our campuses will be live streaming their services, and this is a great way to introduce your friends to our church!
OPTION #2 – Heartland’s Weymouth Campus
Our Weymouth Campus will officially re-open on Sunday, July 19 with new service times for the immediate future of 8am, 9:15am, and 10:30am. We’re making these adjustments to add an additional Sunday morning service if necessary to accommodate as many people as possible, as we will be operating at approximately 50% capacity at each service. To comply with the Responsible Restart Ohio protocols our Governor has implemented, everyone will need to register in advance to be able to attend in-person each week, and you’ll need your phone or confirmation email to check-in upon arrival.
OPTION #3 – Heartland’s Williams Campus
If you’d feel more comfortable in a slightly smaller and more intimate venue, our Williams Campus will be opening on Sunday, July 19th as well. New service time for the immediate future will be at 10:30am.
A Family Seating option will be available at both campuses. In the Kids Community Worship Center at Weymouth and in Building C at Williams, we will set up tables and chairs and livestream the service. The Family Seating option is not something we’ve created to separate our families from the rest of the congregation, but simply to provide another space that may help you feel more comfortable returning to worship.
We will be limiting our capacity at both campuses to 50% of our maximum seating, per state recommendations. Because of that, we are implementing a ticketing system called Eventbrite. Each week, one week prior to the service you’d like to attend, you’ll want to register everyone in your party at heartlandmedina.eventbrite.com.
Upon your return to either campus in-person, you will notice new procedures and protocols that we’ll be implementing. We appreciate your patience and understanding!
- Some people will be wearing masks and some people will not be. Please extend the love of Christ to each other no matter where you stand on this particular issue.
- Please observe the social distancing protocols we’ve all become so familiar with in recent days. We would discourage handshakes, hugs, and any other form of physical contact for the foreseeable future. You’ll notice that some chairs will be removed from the Worship Center, and we ask families to sit together and leave open seats between them and the next family.
- There will be multiple sanitizing stations available. Please use them before and after each service. We will disinfect all high-touch surfaces between services and disinfect the entire building each week.
- Children will be in the service with us until it’s safe for Kids Community to reopen. We love our kids and welcome them, but also realize parents may need a place to take them to during the service, so spaces will be available at both campuses for that purpose.
- Offering boxes will be available, but we will not be passing baskets during the service. Please also consider supporting our church by giving online. You can set up an account here (https://heartlandcommunity.org/online-giving/). We appreciate your continued generosity and always do our best to use your donations to impact our community.
- To be as touch-free as possible, we will not be passing anything out that needs to be re-collected again. So, Bibles, pens, etc. will only be available upon request and you will be asked to take them home with you. We will be utilizing digital means for Welcome Cards and Event Registration.
- We will be using pre-packaged communion elements until it becomes safe to offer the type of communion we’re all used to celebrating together.
- We will still have coffee and donuts available – it will just look and feel a little different! Someone will serve you coffee and donuts from behind the counter, and all sweeteners, creamers, etc. will be in individual packets. If you’d enjoy a cup of coffee and a few donut holes, please plan to arrive a bit earlier than normal and extend grace to those serving you, as it may take a bit longer than you were used to.
- We will be sanitizing the buildings between services, so while we certainly don’t want to rush you off, we would appreciate you leaving the building promptly so that we can prepare for the next service.